In addition to being a body devoted to the dissemination of knowledge through educational activities, a university is also a centre of knowledge creation through the development of intensive research activities.
LIUC – Cattaneo University is committed to conducting useful and rigorous research, in the knowledge that research is the main tool for meeting future challenges.
The University seeks to develop research excellence in its four signature scientific areas: management science, economic sciences, industrial and information engineering and law.
LIUC Grant Office provides support to the research faculty in financing research projects. Main supporting actvities relate to:
- Monitoring, identifying and selecting grants and fellowships
- Submission of project proposals
- Monitoring and management of ongoing projects
- Coordination and communication with funding agencies
The research activities of LIUC Cattaneo University are organized into 4 fields.
- Business administration
- Business economics and management
- Business organization
- Economics of financial intermediaries
- Political economy
- Economic policy
- Mathematical Methods in Economics
Industrial and information engineering
- Industrial and mechanical plant
- Economic and management engineering
- Information processing systems
- Private law
- Commercial and shipping law
- Administrative law
- Tax law
- International law
- Comparative private law
- Criminal law